April 1-30, 2018
Welcome to #OurLostLibrary Lost-A-Thon where you create your own personal bookshelf! Choose 5 Challenges from our Bookshelf Board (at random) and complete them for the win!
It takes 5 challenges to complete a shelf. If you would like to fill multiple shelves, you can! You can even choose more than one challenge for a book and really go for it. Ex: I have chosen 5 books for my TBR that combined meet 23 of the 25 challenges! You could also choose more than 5 books, this is a really laid back read-a-thon.
I’ll go into more details about the challenges down below.
This is a Month Long Read-A-Thon. So sit back & enjoy! Here are the rules…
1. #OurLostLibrary is all about making old books new again. So for this Read-A-Thon, choose books already on your shelf or from your local library.
2. Post your TBR on social media using Booktube, your Blog or Instagram. (We will also be hosting Book Chats on Twitter) Don’t forget the hashtag #OurLostLibrary so we can find out what you are reading, catch your updates & spread the word!
3. Challenges ARE stack-able. This means that 1 book could meet 2 or more challenges!😍 We want this to be as FUN & EASY as possible!
4. You don’t have to be following @OurLostLibrary to join in. Of course we WANT you to follow, but you don’t need to be. Everyone is included.
5. Lastly, create a Wrap-Up video/photo or post book reviews for each book you complete. Use the hashtag #OurLostLibrary so we can find them. The idea behind this…so we can easily find book reviews for “older” books. By typing in one simple hashtag, they will all be at our fingertips. Now we can find our next favorite book!
We’ll be on Twitter during April to chat about what we’re reading so be sure to follow us there @OurLostLibrary!
Thanks for joining us!!
- Book Collecting Cobwebs: This is basically a book you’ve had on your shelf for way too long.
- 500+ Page Book: Just any book that has more than 500 pages 🙂
- >250 pages: This is a quick read, any book that has less than 250 pages. It could be a novella or a graphic novel. Whatever you have on your shelf that is small.
- Jumped Out at You: This is almost another free space, just look at your shelves and pick out a book that you just really want to read.
- Library Book: Any book from your library, all formats count!
- Favorite Author: Easy peasy, a book by an author you already love.
- Retelling: Self explanatory 🙂
- Diverse Book: Any book that is diverse to you.
- Book from a series: This could be the first in a series or a sequel to one you’re in the process of reading. If it’s part of a series, it counts.
- Book with Magic: Any book featuring magic in any form.
- Buddy Read: Have some fun with a friend and read a book together!
- Favorite of a Friend: Any book that a friend loves, or you could ask for a recommendation from a friend.
- Free Choice: Any book, just read!
- Book you got on sale: This could be a Book Outlet buy, a clearance buy, a book you got during a sale, an on-sale ebook/audiobook etc.
- Mystery or Thriller: Anything from either genre 🙂
- Beautiful Cover: We all know this community loves the covers, just read one that you find beautiful.
- Female Author: A book written by a woman!
- Recently added to your shelf: Anything you’ve purchased or received in the last month.
- New to you Author: An author you’ve never read before, could be a debut or an author with a ton of books that you just haven’t read yet.
- Re-read: This is a fun one, re-read a book you love.
- Middle Grade Book: Anything that is considered Middle Grade counts for this!
- Best Seller: A book that has been on any best seller list anywhere, NY Times, USA Today, Amazon etc.
- Award Winner: A book that has won an award in any catagory.
- Author from outside the USA: This should be a book from an author who is from another country outside the USA.
- Book written by 2 authors: Any book with 2 authors, an author and a contributor, whatever you feel fits this category 🙂
We really hope that you’ll join us in April, get some books off your shelf and read some really great books!
Links below to Twitter, Instagram and Goodreads.